Sharing your information with family members is quick and easy to do with Kintalk’s secure and private file sharing portal. Use these step-by-step directions to help you securely share your genetic information with your family members.
Step 1. Become a Member of Kintalk
(If you are already a member please skip to step 2)
1. Go to Kintalk.org and click the “Join Now to Connect with Others”
2. Complete the simple Registration form
3. Create a Display Name for Kintalk
-You have the option of uploading a profile picture
Step 2: Uploading Files
1. You will be directed to your profile page where you will see the heading "Manage My Profile"
2. Click on the gray tab that says "Upload Files"
3. Click the Browse button to search for the file you would like to upload
4. Once you have selected the file you want to upload, create a file name for the file you are going to upload in the File Name text box (ex. Family Tree, Genetic Test Results)
5. Click the green Upload button to complete the file upload process
6. Kintalk will let you know that the file upload was successful
7. You can continue to upload as many files as you would like
Step 3. Send Invites to Family Members to View Your Files
1. Go to your Profile and click the green Send Invites button under the header "Manage My Profile" or click on the gray Send Invites button on the far right of your screen.
2. Complete the Send Invites form
- You have the option to write a personalized message to your relatives explaining why you are inviting them to Kintalk to review your personal information
- You can add up to 10 Recipients per day to receive the email by clicking the Add Another
- Once you have completed this form click the send invitations
Step 4. Managing Invitations
1. Go to your Manage Files on the far right of your screen
2. You will be able to see whether or not your relative has accepted your invitation to view your personal information
- Awaiting Response: Your recipient has not viewed your files
- Accepted Response: Your recipient has viewed your files
Here is a quick video that reviews the steps on how to share your genetic information on Kintalk